What we do
Pseudomyxoma Survivor is a charity that provides support, information, and advocacy for those affected by pseudomyxoma peritonei, which is a rare disease that causes a buildup of mucus in the abdomen, and appendix cancers.
Pseudomyxoma Survivor provides support & information for the PMP community
- We offer online support to patients and carers through our online communities
- We have active social media pages where we can communicate with each other in a social online environment. We are also on Google+, Tumblr and Pinterest promoting awareness and community
- We develop authoritative information with input from patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
We bring about change to raise awareness of pseudomyxoma peritonei and improve standards of treatment and care
- We bring together people who are affected personally by the disease and who want to help shape and improve pseudomyxoma peritonei services and to raise awareness be that locally, nationally or internationally
- We are represented on national, local and European initiatives working to improve standards of treatment and care
- We are active in the areas where we can affect policy representing the experiences of PMP patients and lobbying for more awareness and improved standards of care
We support research
- We invite our community to take part in research surveys and encourage and to take part in relevant research
- We take an active part in the medical communities both through conference attendance and social media
- We support research financially where we see that it will directly support the above aims