Pseudomyxoma Survivor provides a support network for those affected by pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP) and appendix cancers. We do this through many ways including our website, our support group, our 1:1 buddy system, family grant scheme, raising awareness and keeping our community involved in the developments in pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP) and appendix cancer, rare cancers and rare diseases.
We are now looking for able and motivated individuals to join our Board of Trustees, to help lead and guide this important work. We’re especially interested in hearing from people with:
- direct experience of PMP or appendix cancer as a patient or a caregiver
- marketing experience
- an interest in rare cancers and rare diseases more generally
- an understanding of the issues faced by a small charity
- an ability to work well as part of a diverse team of trustees and in support of our Executive Team
- excellent communication skills with an instinct to listen first, to be able to challenge supportively and to build consensus
- an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, liabilities and responsibilities of trustees and clarity on the difference between governance functions and management functions
Mainly, we are looking for people who are excited by the work Pseudomyxoma Survivor does, share our values and will play an active part in the work of our Board. We meet at least once a year face to face (online or in person) with subgroup meetings throughout the year as required. We are also looking for Trustees who are willing to become more involved with the work of Pseudomyxoma Survivor outside of Board meetings and support with day to day volunteering. We pay travel expenses; the role of Trustee is unpaid.
For further information
For further information, please contact Angela Brook, Secretary to the Board of Trustees, [email protected].